This week I had the pleasure of catching up with Kim, Trish and Di on Tuesday night. We decided to meet up at Oliver & Bonacini (O&B) on Front St. for dinner at 6:30p.m. Instead of going home in between I decided to head down to Harbourfront and enjoy the weather. Raju joined me and it was like we had a mini-date. We sat and then walked along the boardwalk and then sat some more. It was really nice. I don't do that often enough.
At 6:30p.m. Raju walked me up to O&B and I had a great dinner with the gals. Hopefully our next visit will be Langdon Hall in August right? Afterwards, Di and I worked off our dinner by walking home. I wasn't sure I would have been able to make it, but it was such a beautiful night, it would have been a shame to get on the streetcar.
Wednesday I woke up up not feeling so great. Scratchy throat and eyes and body aches. I could tell a cold had just come and whacked me over the head. I went into work anyway as I had a meeting in the morning that I didn't want to put off. By lunch though, I'd had enough and came home early to sleep it off. Unfortunately Thursday I wasn't feeling much better so decided to call in sick. The worst part is that I can't take anything. If I could, I would be downing the Oil of Oregano like crazy.
Friday was our company boat cruise. I really didn't want to miss it, as it would be our last Markel one. Earlier in the week it was announced that we were amalgamating with our sister companies. We will still have company events but it will be hard to find a boat that will hold 1000 people I think!!!! I was feeling a bit better. I even managed to do some dancing on the boat. By the end of the cruise I was starting to feel really tired and should have listened to my instincts and just come home. But no...I had to go to the after party. It was held on the roof of The Ballroom (Bowling alley at Richmond and John). I only stayed for about an hour but by then my voice was practically gone. When I got home, I forced myself to eat some soup and then collapsed into bed.
Saturday was a write off as well. Lots of sleep and eating soup.
Today I'm still not 100% but needed to get out of the house, so Raju and I decided to brunch at Toast. Along the way we bumped into Di and Marley and some of Raju's friends. It was great. However that little walk tuckered me out. On the way home I did manage to find the energy to stop in and pick up some cupcakes at Desmond & Beatrice. I just had a Red Velvet with Cream Cheese icing. It was ok, but I think I prefer Prairie Girl Bakery. I have a few other flavours to try, so we'll see if I change my mind.
I was supposed to be attending a baby shower this afternoon but decided it best not to spread my germs and stay home. I was hoping to take a nap and rest, but I think all the sleeping I've been doing the past few days is preventing me from sleeping now. Instead I guess I'll try to do some things around the house while hacking my lungs out at the same time (hmmmm...isn't that a pretty picutre?).
No comments:
Post a Comment