I've discovered that a mid-week get-together is a good thing. It gives me something to look forward to and sort of breaks up the week. Last night I met up with my friend Maya. We really don't see each other often anymore so it's wonderful to get together and catch up. As we weren't meeting until 6:00p.m. I decided to treat myself to a manicure and pedicure first.
I went to Rosy's Nails (formerly Peony) at Yonge and Bay. She completed my pedicure without a problem and then it was on to my manicure. We were fine until she was putting the last coat of nail polish on. I started to feel my right eye twitch, I went all hot, and heard ringing in my ears. All signs that I was going to faint. She was about to ask me to get up and move to the dryers, but through the fog I managed to say I wasn't feeling well. I remained calm and tried to remember what I have done in the past (usually I get this feeling when having lots of blood taken). She got me a glass of water, I put my head back, elevated my feet and took deep breaths. Fortunately after a few minutes the symptoms passed and I didn't faint. I'm wondering if the fumes were just too much for me or if I was low on sugar. Thankfully I was able to sit at the salon for about 40 min. before I had to anywhere. I still felt a bit shaken after that episode but once I met up with Maya and we had eaten something (we went to Marche) I was feeling much better.
Unfortunately I didn't sleep very well and I'm not sure if it was related to that incident or not. Needless to say, I'm tired and feel a bit out of it today. Let's hope work isn't too crazy and I can coast through the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment