Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Living the Single Life

This week I've been all on my lonesome as Raju is off in LA covering the E3 convention (BIG gaming convention).  I guess it's about time he went somewhere after all my travelling last month.  I thought I would be sitting at home missing him, but I've managed to keep myself fairly busy.

Sunday June 5th
We had spent the night at Fariena's and Russ generously woke up early and took Raju to the airport for me.  While I would love to have spent the extra time with Raju before he left, I was glad that Russ took him as I find the airport very confusing.
I left Fariena's shortly after to come back home and pick up some Indian outfits to lend to my cousin.  Then I headed out east to Scarborough to my parents.  I hung out there for a bit and then we headed to my Uncle and Aunt's house.  I visited there for a bit and then finally at 4:00p.m. I decided it was time to head back home.
I'm not entirely sure what my rush was, as when I got home I didn't really do anything.  Just some reading, watching TV and puttering about.

Monday June 6th
Off to work.  I was very tired today for some reason and my cubicle mates were out of the office so I didn't even have anyone to talk to all day.
I got home and decided to take a walk to Diana's or else I would end up curling up in bed, sleeping and doing nothing.  It was a nice visit.  We walked out with Gerwyn and Marley and they stopped for ice-cream at Ed's.  Gerwyn kept Marley and Diana came home with me for dinner (my Mom and Aunt and made curry and roti).  We got home and my neighbour Sally came out.  Unfortunately her house had been broken into during the day.  She was shaken up (understandably so).  Fortunately she had a friend coming over to take her for dinner.  This made me glad that we have an alarm for our house.  After dinner Di had to run back home so she could continue to work on Marley's sleeping schedule.  Suzi called to check in so I chatted with her for a bit.  I then heard a hard knocking at the door.  It was a cop looking for my neighbour.  He asked me a few questions and then he was off and it was off to bed for me.

Tuesday June 7th
Another day at work.  At least I felt more awake today, but had signed up for an on-line symposium which was just a day of speakers.  I used my computer and hooked it up so that others could watch as well.  This meant that I didn't get any work done at all and I missed a call from Raju.  Some of the speakers were ok, but others were not.  After work I was meeting Caroline for her birthday dinner.  I stopped at Coach to pick up her birthday present and had a really good customer service experience.  It makes me want to shop there more, but my wallet will not allow me.
We headed to Milestone's for dinner.  We wanted a patio to sit on and theirs is nice.  We ordered some appetizers and drinks (non-alcoholic for me) and chatted.  After being very full I headed back home.  This time Raju and I managed to connect and chat for a bit.  It was nice but made me miss him, just when I was getting used to him not being here.  The next thing I knew it was bed time.

Wednesday June 8th
Today I decided to work from home.  I really needed to focus on some things.  I was very productive and finished it just before lunch.  For my lunch break I headed to the grocery store and then came back and did some other work which I finished in time to watch General Hospital. 
Once that was finished I decided to take a walk to check out some baby strollers.  Diana and Marley were headed out for a walk as well so we met up and walked along Queen together.  I felt quite yuppyish, going to a yuppy baby store and then stopping at Starbucks on the way home for a passion iced tea lemonade.
Now I see that the storm clouds have rolled in and I guess the rain will start shortly.  I better post this before the power goes off.

No comments: