Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A week and a day

I just had a realization.  When I am at work I blog less.  I think that means less exciting things happen or I just don't do anything blog worthy.  It could also be my less than perfect health lately that is making me lay low.
I mentioned that last Monday we went to the Mandarin for dinner with my in-laws.  I hadn't been there in a while.  I forgot how overwhelming a buffet can be.  There is so much to choose from, but my tummy can only hold so much.  I do enjoy the fact that there is a lot of variety and I can have a bit of many different things.  I'm glad to say that I didn't over do it, and I didn't leave with a stomach ache from eating too much.
Tuesday it was back to work.  As every first day back in the office much of it was spent gabbing and catching up on what everyone did over the holidays.  Once all the catching up was done, my brain finally got into gear and it was as if I had never been on vacation.
Wednesday I only spent one hour at work.  I had to go the doctor to have a test done.  I thought I would be able to go back to work afterwards as I have had this test before and was able to move shortly after.  Unfortunately this time it was not as pleasant and for those of you who get really bad period cramps, think of that hitting you all at once.  Afterwards I met Raju and just came back home.  I called my boss to apologize but say that I couldn't make it in.  Of course, after all that hassle everything was perfectly fine with me.
Thursday was pretty uneventful, just another day at work.
Friday back to work but my brain was really not working so I spent much time walking about the underground.  I even bumped into Fariena and that never happens.  Friday night I came home and pulled out cupcakes I had made on the weekend and the icing and decorated them before heading to Fariena for our joint birthday celebration.  My parents, Camilla and the boys and Fariena's brother-in-law, wife and daughter also joined in the celebrations.  We had Hakka Chinese food and for dessert chocolate cupcakes (from me) and 3 coloured cake (from my Mom).  After dinner and while we were getting dessert ready we glances out the window and saw the piles of snow coming down.  I rushed through dessert as I thought it would be a slow drive home in the snow.  Fortunately it hadn't hit downtown too bad as yet so the drive wasn't bad at all and we even got parking on the street.
Saturday Raju had to work.  As I had buttermilk in my fridge I made some buttermilk waffles and scrambled eggs to give a good start to his day.  It was snowing a lot so I didn't want to venture out.  I stayed in my PJ's and puttered around doing house chores, then I got into bed and did lots and lots of sleeping.  I finally dragged myself out of bed at 3:30p.m. and put myself on the couch for a bit before heading into the shower.  When Raju got home we got ready and headed out to Brampton for a 1 year birthday party (open bar, DJ and even a bouncy castle).  Thankfully the snow had stopped and the major roads and highways were perfectly clear.   It made for a nice smooth ride there and back.
Sunday I dropped Raju at work and then went for an acupuncture appointment, but when I got there decided I would prefer a massage instead.  It was really nice.  There were some tight spots in my derriere that she was able to take care of as well as the normal ones in my shoulders.  Back at home I had a bite to eat and got into bed and do work and watch some Strawberry Shortcake episodes that I had PVR'd.  My phone rang and it was Di asking to come for a visit.
It was nice to have a visit from Di and Miss Marley Cakes.  I felt bad though as I didn't have any baked goods to feed them.  It was nice to catch up with Di and we made a date to go to yoga the next day as long as Gerwyn was available to watch Marley.
This Monday, I was happy to meet up with Di and resume our yoga outings.  It had been so long that I felt tight all over.  Some of the poses that I think were supposed to be relaxing sort of hurt me.  Also, I look forward to the end where we get to lie there quietly and I generally fall asleep.  Last night I couldn't get my mind to stop working.  That's a sign that I have to go more regularly.  I need that outlet to relax me and also it's dedicated time to spend with one my best gal pals.
And here we are at Tuesday.  Work was quiet as 1/2 the team (2 people) were sick with stomach issues today and the third member left at lunch.  I managed to get a bit of work done so I suppose it was a productive day.  Now I sit and wait as Raju works in the kitchen creating 2 different soups.  Lamb and lentil (which he has made before) and a crab, coconut and coriander soup.  I'm not sure I will like the second one as it may be spicy and I don't like coriander.  He's into soups lately that soon we may just become the new soup house!
Whew.....ok now you're all caught up on what's been going on/or not going on in my life.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

That Second soup sounds so YUMMY!!! I would love to know how to make it!!