Monday, January 3, 2011

Birthday Celebrations!

Yesterday I turned the big 37!!!! I can't believe it.  I think I want to stay back at 30 or 31 for a few more years.  Having a birthday on the 2nd is hard because everyone is recovering from the holidays.  The fast few years, Raju has hosted a get together at our place where friends come over and he cooks for us all.  It is a great tradition but requires much planning.  As I was feeling unwell this year, we didn't plan anything as I wasn't sure if I was going to be up to doing anything or if I would just want to stay in bed.  I woke up yesterday still not 100% but ok to get around and do things.
Raju treated me to brunch at Toast to start the day off.  I had my favourite, the raspberry cream cheese french toast.  The service was pretty good too, so nothing to complain about.  We hung out at home for the next few hours where I returned birthday calls and then had a visit from Di and Marley.  They took a walk in the cold to come over and wish me a Happy Birthday!  It was very nice.  Marley even had some smiles and stories for me.
At the Bowling Alley
We all walked out the door together and as Di headed home, Raju and I headed to the new bowling alley downtown (The Ballroom) located at Richmond and John.  We met Suzi, Abbas and Mahi there and played 3 games.  I got progressively worse.  I don't think that's supposed to happen.  It was a lot of fun though.
After our bowling fun, we walked back to Yonge St. with Mahi and as he headed home, Raju took me to Joy for dinner.  I wasn't really craving fancy food, so I started with the Apple Cheddar salad and then had a burger and fries.
It was a great day, where nothing had been planned and we just decided what we wanted to do as the day went along.  I like those kinds of days!
Today Raju went back to work.  I felt really weird because I felt like I should be working too and not running around and doing errands.  I almost felt guilty.  I woke up feeling worse again so decided it was time to go to a walk-in clinic.  I took along a book to read as I knew I would be there for a while.  1 1/2 hours later he said that I had a mild throat infection and gave me some antibiotics to clear it up.  If it doesn't go away in 3-4 days then I need to follow-up and see if something else is wrong.  We'll see how it goes.
The birthday celebrations continue tonight as we head out to Pickering to have dinner with the in-laws at The Mandarin.  It's my Father-in-laws birthday on the 4th so we are doing a combined birthday dinner.  On Friday we will head to Mississauga as Fariena's birthday is on the 8th so we will also do a combined dinner.  You can never have enough celebrations.  I do need to stop at some point though, as my waist line is expanding and not in a good way.  I've got to tone it back down.

1 comment:

sally said...

Happy Birthday Saads! Celebrations are a GREAT excuse to eat... don't worry about it!! :)