and I don't have any pictures, although I'm sure you all saw it on the news. Today was the funeral for Sargent Ryan Russell who was killed by the snow plow. The procession went down University to the convention centre. As we are located right on University we had a good view. Many of my colleagues went down to the street but I preferred to stay in the warmth and comfort of the office and watch from above. It was amazing to see the thousands of policemen and mounties marching down University. It looked like it would take months of planning for such a thing, but really it was just a couple of days. They then had to line the streets for the hearst to make it's way through and they all parted effortlessly and evenly stood on either side of the street. I missed the hearst as I had lunch plans but I heard it was quite something too. At work, I did log into cbc.com to catch the funeral. As I heard his wife speak, I though how hard it must be to not only stand up and speak at your spouses funeral but to also do that in front of over 10,000 people.
It was quite a touching day and to just cherish every day and everyone if your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment