I finally managed to get over my cough/cold sickness only to have Raju get sick. So it felt, like we hadn't really had time together to go out or do anything. Tonight we seemed to both be on the mend and decided to go out for dinner. We couldn't really decide (or Raju will say he suggested 100's of places that I said 'No' to). Raju went on the Internet and typed in restaurants on Danforth. Embrujo Flamenco came up that he had heard about too. It's a Spanish Tapas restaurant. I like tapas restaurants because I like variety. Sometimes I get tired of eating the same dish (especially if the portion is big). It was also very conveniently located at Danforth and Broadview. We took the streetcar up there. The restaurant was pretty empty but did fill up when we were there.
Raju had a a mojito and I had a Granada martini which we both enjoyed. The food was delicious too. We got:
- Fresh bread
- Cod fish croquettes
- Chorizo (Raju ate this as I don't eat pork)
- Garlic mushrooms
- Duck confit with pear
- Shrimp with mushrooms in anise
- Steak on fries
- Tortilla (really a potato, onion, egg tart - it was cold which I didn't really like)
- Dessert - almond tart - also just ok.
Aside from the tortilla and dessert I would order everything again. This restaurant also has a Flamenco show that all I can say was 'interesting'.
I had absolutely no idea what to expect at this restaurant and was very pleasantly surprised. Definitely a restaurant we will return to.
1 comment:
I can't wait to try it out! Tapas in Barcelona was amazing so hopefully it will bring us back...
Post a Comment