Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday visits

I know for some people Sunday is about doing all your visits. I felt like that's what it was for me today (kind of). I was surprised to find that I slept in until 8:00a.m. this morning. By the time I got up and had breakfast it was time to leave for my acupuncture appointment. I really appreciated the head massage as I had quite a headache today (I think it's the weather). Afterwards I stopped at Walmart and No Frills for some items and then it was off to Fariena's for a quick visit. It was nice to see the kids as they always have something interesting to say. Although they weren't too interested in me as their cousin Ryan (Camilla's son) and they were having much more fun playing with him.
I came home to find Raju had set up another TV (and later in the afternoon yet another one) in the living room so he and his friends (PC and Spencer) could watch more than one football game at a time. After unloading the car and putting everything away I was out the door again. Di and Gerwyn had one of their visits to their new house and invited some of us to go. It is a lovely house and I am very much looking forward to when they move. I tried to convince Mel and Norm they need to start looking over here as well. Afterwards Mel and Norm were kind enough to drive me home (around the block :).
Back at home it was time to cook. After the past two nights of unfulfilling dinners I really wanted something good. I made a mushroom lasagna and Aloha pizza (recipe from my Pampered Chef days). I thought that the boys were going to stick around but they left so we have a ton of food. It was good though and finally I feel like I've had a satisfying meal. I wanted to bake some mini-cakes for work tomorrow but am very tired so I'll just have to buy the birthday treat for one of my co-workers.
Now I'm off to see if I can convince Raju to rub my neck and shoulders for me.

No comments: