Saturday, September 26, 2009

Someting new for dinner

Last night Raju and I couldn't figure out what we wanted to eat. We knew we didn't want pizza or Indian food so tried to think of some other options. There is a store on Queen called LOIC that we had been meaning to try for a while. It's basically prepared food that you have to finish off at home.
We got 1/2 roast chicken, beef stew, corn risotto and a twice baked potato. I don't think it is something I will want to try again. For the amount of money we paid, I still felt like there was a lot of cooking left to do. The potato needed to go in the oven for 25 minutes, the chicken 20 minutes, the beef stew needed to be warmed up and the risotto need to be finished (so another 10 minutes of adding stock and stirring). The food was also too rich tasting for me, so I didn't quite enjoy it. I am glad we tried it out though. Now I know what it's all about.

No comments: