I know it's been a while and I'm surprised the blogger police hasn't come after me. I guess it's understandable since she's been on vacation (yes....that would be Di).
My only excuse is that work has been extremely busy. I feel like I've been constantly working for the past two weeks. I've been bringing stuff home as well just so I would feel caught up the next morning. It happens every now and then so I'll just stick with it until I get through this busy period.
Last week not too much went on. Wednesday Raju and I went for a walk around the neighbourhood, well really to a specific house of our new neighbours (D & G). It only took 15 minutes at a nice leisurely place. We then wandered to Ed's for ice-cream.
Thursday night I felt like eating at Kultura's. Unfortunately it was closed for a private party. We ended up at PJ O'Briens. The food was ok, but not as good as Kultura's. Afterward we headed up to Yonge Dundas Square where we met up with Mahi and an old high-school friend to see a concert. Let's just say we didn't stay too long. It was a bit of a weird band, but it was nice to get out.
Friday I stayed home to do some baking. It was Eid on Sunday and my Mom was having people over to her house. I offered to take some treats. I made coconut, pecan date clusters, rice krispie squares, pineapple square, and butter tarts.
Saturday we went to the cemetery to visit my grandparents, cousins and Uncle and Aunt. While it's nice they are all in the same location it's sad that we have so many to visit. Afterwards we headed to my cousins' house for his son's 1 year birthday party. I wa so excited when we go there and saw the special guest in the backyard. Elmo!!!!! I didn't get my picture taken with him though as it was all for the kids :( After the party I dropped Raju off at his parents and went to my parents to wash my car and then get ready for a 35th wedding anniversary party. It was nice but I was exhausted by the end of the day.
Sunday we got up and I made my last dish - sweet potato, mushroom, basil pie (quiche) and then headed out to Scarborough for the Eid celebrations. There was sooooo much food. I ate way too much but with so much good food how could I resist.
Last night I got home from work and headed out to my acupuncture appointment. The traffic was crazy. It's amazing how much quieter it is in the summer. When I got home, I called Caroline to catch up and then heard a banging at the front door. It was my parents. They had been at a travel trade show and my Dad won a prize - two round trip tickets to Sydney, Australia. After they left, I hopped into bed and received a call from Di, who was sharing her exciting news of her engagement and sale of her condo. It was a great evening for good news. Sometimes you need a good dose of it. Let's hope it continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment