Sunday, February 1, 2009

Busy days...

Yesterday was a very busy day for me. I started off with Baking class in the morning where we made danishes. Mel did a great job last week of making the dough so this week we just need to roll it out and make the filling. We made poppy seed filling and nut filling with cherry and lemon centres.
After class I came home and changed in time for Camilla to pick me up to go to Aurora for a 40th birthday party. There were a couple of pregnant women and babies around so much of the conversation I was involved in was about labour. And not the pretty stuff about it. This would have been fine for a few minutes but an hour later when the conversation was still going on, I was getting tired of it.
We left a little after 3:00 and Camilla dropped me back home where Raju had started preparations for our dinner guests. A few weeks ago at Mahi's surprise party we saw some old friends from high-school (Janice and Dan) who are married with two kids. It was great catching up and we wanted to stay in touch, so we invited them for dinner with Mahi and Diana. We had a great evening, with good food (thanks Di, Mahi and Raju) and good company.
Today it's Superbowl Sunday. Not really a big even for me but I'm trying to enjoy it. I just bet Raju 25 cents that the Cardinals would win the coin toss. Let's see how many of these silly bets I win tonight.
Go Steelers! (I think they are the favoured team!)

1 comment:

Princess Di said...

Welcome to the dark side Saadia... mwah hah hah hah hah!