Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

As you all know, Valentine's Day is not one of my favourite holidays. It's not even so much that it is a made up commercial holiday (because let's face it, most holidays are), I just don't think that people should be romantic on only one day of the year. I'm fortunate that Raju does nice romantic things throughout the year so I don't put much importance on February 14th. This year though, I decided to make an effort so I decided to make dinner.
However, before I get to that I started the day with a visit to Loblaws, then brunch with my favourite brunch buddies Mahi and Di. Mahi even treated. I quite enjoy our morning meals together. It's always entertaining. Afterwards, it was off to St. Lawrence Market and then Metro for the last of my supplies to make my meal.
I had seen a stuffed beef tenderloin in the Chatelaine magazine a couple of months ago and have been wanting to try it out. Also, I recently bought a William Sonoma cookbook and wanted to try a recipe from there as well. I think all the dished turned out quite well. I really enjoyed the beef tenderloin. I don't know if I'll be able to go back to regular oven roast meat.
Now I'm resting before dessert.
I guess as far as Valentine's Day goes, today wasn't so bad.

No comments: