Thursday, February 19, 2009

Weezies

Tonight Raju and I had the chance to check out a restaurant in our neigbourhood(ish) that we've heard about and passed every day but not gone into - Weezies. It's located on King just east of Parliament. It has a W above it's door and I didn't even realize it was a restaurant.
We met our friends Geoff and Clara (who I used to work with at HEPCOE). Weezies is nice and cozy and intimate with one waiter. I ordered the mac and cheese, Clara had the chicken and the boys and the steak. When my food arrived I started to eat it, and it was very tasty but I noticed there were little pieces of bacon in it. We hadn't seen in on the menu so Raju asked the waiter. As it turns out, on the old menu it had bacon but it didn't transfer over successfully to the newly printed menus. The waiter immediately took mine away and had it replaced with a new one without bacon. We didn't even think anything more about it, but were pleasantly surprised to see that they didn't even charge us for it on the bill.
Definitely a restaurant I would go back to. It's good comfort food at a reasonable price.

No comments: