Yesterday at baking class, Mel innocently asked my what I had been up to all week. It was her subtle way of telling me to update my blog. So I'll try to recap my week, if I can remember. It was a very busy one at work so I don't think it's going to be that interesting a blog.
Monday: Walked to work and it was the first day I was feeling normal again since the passing of my cousin. I had a meeting that lasted all morning and sort made me feel drained as there was a lot discussed. That night we had left over mini-burgers from Sunday's Super Bowl feast and just watched TV and chilled out.
Tuesday: Walked to work again. Another day of meetings but productive. I can't remember what I did in the evening but remembered eating mini-burgers again and was proud that we weren't wasting our food.
Wednesday: It was pretty chilly so I took the streetcar to work. More meetings and then I stopped at the grocery store on the way home to pick up some items to make dinner. Caroline was supposed to visit but it was so cold and no where to park on my street and the baby was sick so we didn't want to risk getting him sicker (especially since they went to Florida this week). I tried to get others to come join me for dinner as Raju was out, but everyone was busy. I made Shrimp pesto with penne pasta and enjoyed an evening at home by myself.
Thursday: I was up early and out as we were having an all day department planning meeting off-site and I was helping my boss set-up. It was a really good day and I'm actually feeling excited about the projects that are going to be happening this year. I hope that I get to be involved with some of the more HR (and less training) initiatives. I'm ready for a change. After our meeting I went back to work to wait for Raju and the we headed to Suzi's for dinner. She had some friends over and us. It was really nice after a long day to go somewhere else and relax and be fed.
Friday: My morning at work was filled with back to back meetings and the rest of the day with some work. By the time I left, I really felt like I had earned my pay this week (and then some :)). But all I could think about was meeting up with Raju for a massage at the Pantages hotel spa. We had a couples massage. I don't really get that though, because when I go for a massage I'm not paying any attention to who else is with me. I'm just enjoying being massaged. My masseuse was ok but I felt like there was still something missing at the end of it. It was nice and relaxing though. Friday's are our take-out or go out for dinner day. We were still enjoying our relaxed feeling so we ordered from Bombay Palace. They are using a different delivery service (quickit.ca) than they used to. It was great we got our food faster and I accidentally gave them $10 too much and THEY called US to tell us we had given them too much money. That's service!!!!
Saturday: Walked to school for baking class. It was so nice to not have to wear my hat. We made bagels. I was nervous about it, because I had tried to make them on my own once and it was a disaster. I think we did pretty good this time around. Our class finished really early, so I was able to meet Diana and Mahi for brunch at Toba. I had the crab melt which was very delicious. I gave them each a loot bag of bagels to take with them and then came home. Raju was out so I had the house to myself. I missed a few shows this week so I started to catch up on them. Diana came over to play in the afternoon. We had lots of fun, chatting, playing video games, eating and watching a new show (United States of Tara). It's been a long time since I've been able to just hang out.
Sunday: I woke up early and was at the grocery store at 8:30a.m. I like to shop early in the morning because it's usually very quiet. Today was a bit busier than usual and they only had one cashier on to start. Fortunately by the time I was ready to check out they had put someone else on. Earlier this week Raju and I had seen a recipe on "Everyday Exotic" that looked good so I wanted to try it out. It was Trinidadian chicken. I think it turned out pretty well. It's definitely one to put in my recipe book. I also wanted to try it out because I will be having the family over on family day and wanted to make it.
So that was my week. Not too interesting but filled with stuff to keep me busy. Now I'm off to clean up from dinner and do some work that I brought home. I'll try to update my blog a little more regularly next week. I hope you all do the same as well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment