Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Family Day!

I love this new holiday of ours that gives us a long weekend in February when everyone needs it most. As it is named family day, we had the family over for lunch. It was also a celebration for my Mom's birthday which is tomorrow.
We had so much food. Everyone brought something. Let's see if I can remember everything.

Appetizers: Pakoras, Chips, mushroom crustini
Main: Trinidadian chicken, butter chicken, vegetable soup
Sides: Plain rice, peas and rice, Brioche bread, Salad
Dessert: Ice-cream cake, strawberry napoleon's, chocolate cupcakes

Sorry...no pictures. I was busy trying to get my Mom to sit and relax and playing with the kids that I forgot to get my camera out.

It was a tiring day but also really nice to have the family over. It's been awhile since we had everyone over.
I hope you all enjoyed your family day long weekend!

No comments: