I'm surprised the blog police has not been after me since it's been over a week since my last post. I was trying to remember what happened this week as it seemed to pass quickly.
Last Saturday was my work Christmas party. It was held at the Marriott Eaton Centre and was lovely. I borrow Di's dress that she wore to Evelyn's wedding. It was a hit. Thanks Di! There were some other interesting outfits that I'm not quite sure were appropriate for a work event but maybe I'm just prudish. Raju and I left at about 10:30 and headed off to meet his friends at a bar on the west side of town. Of course with him in his suit and me any my evening dress we were the best dressed couple there.
Sunday it was baking time. I made tons of cookies. Sugar, gingerbread, shortbread and chocolate. It took me all day long and I was starting to feel a little under the weather. But holiday baking must be done and it was really my only free day to get it done.
I must have worn myself out because by the time Monday rolled around my throat was so sore I could hardly swallow. I made it into work just to pick up my computer and come back home. I managed to work for about an hour before I lay down on the couch for a nap.
Tuesday it was back to work and that night Suzi came over for a visit. We put her to work helping with prep for Wednesday Night dinner. I think she'll be very careful about when she visits next so we don't make her work.
Wednesday we hosted WND. The whole gang was here and also Caroline, Rob and Andy. It was great to have everyone around (check Di and Sally's blogs for pictures). Christmas crackers were available for everyone as a holiday meal isn't complete without them and everyone wearing their Christmas crowns. The menu consisted of Mushroom Lasagna, Mini shepherd's pie, salad, chicken samosas, stuffed mushroom caps, cream corn, steamed veggies and for dessert Ev made Banoffi pie and Mel brought fruit. Unfortunately I developed a migraine throughout the evening and couldn't really enjoy it as much as I would have liked. The migraine followed me through the week until it finally left yesterday.
Thursday I met Raju at the mall after work. I though that it might not be too busy. I was wrong. We managed to last about an hour and then headed out. That's ok, it was enough time for me to pick up some gifts. Just a few more to go!
Friday we got out of work at 3:00p.m. because of the snow storm so back to the mall I went to pick up a few more items. I knew exactly what I wanted so I made my stops and then got out of there.
Yesterday as all the snow had fallen we walked up to Jay and Jenn's for a visit with them and the baby. We hung out for a bit and then headed to Riverdale park so Jay and Raju could go tobogganing. I didn't want to try it just yet as I need to get snow pants first. I think there will be lots of opportunities as I don't see the snow leaving anytime soon.
Today I got up early and headed back to the mall. There was a book I wanted to pick up for my Dad. Unfortunately when I got there I realized that Raju had my iRewards card. It wasn't a waste of time though as I managed to pick up a few more items. I'm almost done. I got home and started making the dough for Hot Cross Buns and then finished wrapping Christmas gifts. What a job. It took me over an hour.
Really I've just been procrastinating from doing some work that I brought home with me. I guess I've run out of things to do to keep me busy and have to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment