You know when you see things happening around you and you think it will never happen to you? Yesterday it happened to me. My manager was let go. So I guess it didn't really happen to me, but it very much impacted me. It happened first thing in the morning so we had all day to try and deal. I kind of felt like it was surreal. Our team is so close that we all seemed to stick together all day long. We all went for lunch together and just seemed to want to be in each others company to get through the day. I didn't want to talk to anyone about it.
This morning it seemed much worse. I woke and was ok and then remembered. My feet were really dragging and I just had a feeling of extreme sadness. As my manager's desk is right next to mine, it was very evident especially as her things had been packed away. I realized that my feelings were the same as when there is a break-up with someone. You are used to seeing someone everyday and then all of sudden they aren't there anymore.
Change happens, this is just a big one that we will learn to deal with.
No comments:
Post a Comment