So another Christmas has come and gone.On Christmas Eve I got off work at 12:00 and Fariena finished at 3:00p.m. We decided to pick her up on the way as we were heading to her house and it just made sense. What we didn't plan on was the amount of traffic getting there. It took us 2 hours (for a 20 min. drive). There were more cars on the road than regular rush hour. We tried different routes but they were all blocked. I don't mind traffic if you are continually moving but this was stop and go the whole way.
We finally made it to Fariena's where my cousin Carol and Kelly were there chatting with Russ as he finished the kitchen. Not long after the rest of the clan came (My parents, Camilla and crew, Russ' parents and eventually Russ' brother and family). It's always nice to catch up with Russell's family. We played some Wii, ate dinner (crab curry - Raju's favourite) and eventually made it to bed by 11:30p.m.
The next morning the kids actually slept in until 8:30a.m. Of course they told us that they heard Santa the night before and saw the reindeer outside the window. I did not hear Santa but he did leave lots of nice presents under the tree. From Raju I got a new Wii game and beautiful diamond earrings to replace the ones I lost earlier this year. I have to make sure I take good care of them and not lose them this time around. I also got some gift cards to the mall and WaySpa. I can hardly wait to spend them.
The kids were allowed to open one present from Santa and then it was breakfast time. Our feast included the usual. Pepperpot, Garlic chicken, chicken wontons, bread, hot cross buns etc. Just a regular west-indian Christmas breakfast meal.
We left Fariena's at about 11:15 and stopped of back at home to drop off the presents and shower and then went to Raju's parents for lunch. We had turkey and veggies. After hanging out for a couple of hours we (including my in-laws) headed over to Camilla's for dinner. There was so much food to eat, roast, turkey, chicken (baked and tandoori). Along with mashed potatoes, corn, potato salad etc. With all the food on Christmas I did manage to eat responsibly and did not stuff myself silly.
Boxing Day did not find me in any stores. I can't take the crowds anymore and I find that the sales last well in to January, so there is no rush for me to get out there. I spent the day at home and then Raju and I decided to venture out to the Mill St. Pub in the distillery for dinner. It was nice to get out and it wasn't busy at all. I have to admit though it was an expensive bill for pub food. The most expensive item was my salad.....who knew $18 was what greens went for these days???
Today was another day of doing nothing. I'm resting up before I have to get back into work mode. I did bring home my computer so I should do some stuff to make next week a little lighter. Afterall it is still the holidays and I don't want to be doing to much work.
No comments:
Post a Comment