Wednesday I was feeling kind of blue. I think I was tired and starting to really feel my cold symptoms. Raju was going out to a media party and I didn't feel like going home and having to cook for myself. What is one to do in such a case? Fortunately for me, I know some lovely people who hold Wednesday night dinners, so I managed to get myself invited to Evelyn and Stu's place for some good food (Roast Beef, roasted potatoes, parsnips, peas and Yorkshire pudding). It was delicious!!!! Just the thing to make you feel better. The condo looked beautiful all dressed up for the holidays.
Thanks everyone for including me. I'm looking forward to hosting it next week. This weekend I better sit down and come up with the main dishes, or else we'll just be eating Di's appetizers and Mel and Evelyn's desserts :)
Last night I headed out to Hot House with some colleagues from work and to meet up with my ex-manager, Shelagh. She brought her Mom along as well, who is just as lovely. She is like a human cookbook and can recite any recipe. I'm going to have to plan a baking/cooking date to go to Shelagh's house so her Mom can teach me to make some things. The way she describes them also makes them sound very yummy.
As I was still feeling ill, I treated myself to Lobster fettuccine. The thing I love about Hot House (besides their buffet's) is that you can have a lunch size portion. It's the perfect size. I don't consider myself a lobster person but this was delicious!
Today I woke up with my throat so much worse than it has been in the past couple of days, so I think it might just be soup for me. Thank goodness I've had a couple of days of good food to tide me over.
No comments:
Post a Comment