Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Rolls, BBQ, Trampoline, Dance Class and a birthday

The title pretty much sums up my weekend...
Friday night I met up with some girlfriends from my Templeton days. Our restaurant is Spring Rolls so headed to the one at Yonge and Dundas for 6:00p.m. It was pretty busy. It was nice to catch up and see everyone, especially since Angela is going to be having a baby in 3 weeks. Her belly is big but that's the only thing. If you look at her from behind or from her shoulders up, you would have no clue she was pregnant. She looks fantastic.
We were there for a really long time and finally got up to leave around 8:45/9:00p.m. Then we stood in the Atrium for a bit and chatted some more before we all left to head home.
Saturday morning we got up and headed out to Canadian Tire. As usual, we stopped at the Starbucks for Raju to get his morning Chai Tea Latte, then it was on to peruse some BBQ's and pick up some hand weights for me. As I was in the exercise area I saw something that I've seen the infomercial for many times and wanted for myself. A mini trampoline! So, I decided to get it. I think tomorrow morning's workout will be on the trampoline. Raju was looking at the BBQ's but decided he wanted to double check the ones he had seen at Home Depot before he committed to any at Canadian Tire. Off we went to Home Depot where he realized he didn't like those either. Back to Canadian Tire we went and ordered our BBQ for delivery later that afternoon.
We got back home with just enough time to shower and grab a quick bite before heading off to our first real dance class. The instructor we previously had was no longer there, so unfortunately for Raju we had a male instructor. I think he was a pretty good teacher and the lesson went pretty well. We're headed back tomorrow night for our second class, so I think we have to practice tonight :)
After class, it was back home to wait for the BBQ. It arrived pretty quickly, so we headed out again to St. Lawrence Market to pick up some meat to BBQ on our new purchase and for Camilla's birthday party.
We finally finished our errands and got back home to try and assemble the BBQ. Assembling things is not my forte so it was all Raju. It only took about 4 hours. So we did not fully participate in Earth Hour but I turned off all the lights we were not really using and just left one light on and the music.
Sunday was entertaining time. Fariena dropped the kids off early as they were going out to brunch. I got them working on birthday signs for Camilla right away.
Gradually the rest of the family came over. It was nice to finally be able to host an event in our house. The condo was always too small. We pulled out the dining room table and were all able to sit around it and enjoy a great meal which consisted of:
Kalbi, Lamb, Tilapia, Chicken, Brie with apricot jam and pecans, cookup (rice), pasta salad and green salad. For dessert we had home made ice-cream cake. Yummy!!! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
Needless to say, I woke up this morning and exercised and then I walked to work. I needed to get rid of all those calories!

No comments: