Last night Raju and I went out for dinner with Jay and Jenn to a new restaurant, Nyood (pronounced Nude). As it was close to the Drake, Raju and I went for a couple of drinks first. I miss the sweet drink of Rye so I thought, I'm going to try it again. It tasted great and I managed to drink two of them quite easily. Needless to say, I was feeling fine for dinner. Today not so much. Quite groggy and my stomach is trying to decide whether or not it was a good idea....I must be getting old :)
Anyway, dinner was quite good. This is a sister restaurant to Kultura (one of our favourite restaurants). Similar to many places, it was shared plates. I found the portions to be smaller than Kultura, especially for shared plates. I still found the food quite good. Not as flavourful as Kultura but I would recommend this restaurant. The only other thing, is it was quite loud so it was hard to hear the waiter when he was describing the different dishes. Other than that it was a great evening. As we were sitting there, Ty Domi came in and was seated at a table just near ours. So I guess this place is good for celebrities too.
Friday we are headed back to Kultura's for dinner. I don't think I've ever been there on a Friday night, so it will be interesting to see if the service is different on a busier night. I can hardly wait, I already know what I want to order.
No comments:
Post a Comment