This past weekend was a bit of a snowy one but I managed to fill it with activities anyway.
Friday night, Di and Sally came over to be guinea pigs for a new recipe I was trying out. Grilled Tilapia with pineapple Salsa. I wanted to make something that was easy for Sally to eat, so for dessert I made individual apple crumble desserts with ice-cream. Aside from the oats I think Sally was able to eat it all :)
Saturday I woke up and headed to Senses Spa at the Sheraton for a facial and a massage. I had never been there before but the price seemed pretty reasonable. It was tiny, but I enjoyed my services. The massage was painful but that's because I have so many knots in my shoulder and back. I think it's from carrying my bag all the time. I think I'm going to try and go monthly. My massage therapist said that because I am so tight, it might be contributing to my headaches. The facial was pretty good too. Aside from the painful extractions it's like having a face massage. The robes were so fluffy and comfortable. I wanted to take it home with me. Especially with all the snow.
That evening we braved the weather and our courageous drivers Jay and Jen picked us up to head out to Scarborough. Abbas' father passed away and it was his 40 day memorial. The roads were awful but we made it there in one piece. It was nice and I think Abbas appreciated that we were there. The way home was a tiny bit better but not much. And to add to the adventure, when we are on the DVP the windshield wiper from the drivers side flew off the car. Thank goodness by that point the snow wasn't as windy and Jen was able to see for the rest of the drive home.
Sunday I stayed home all day. I did laundry, started to clean the bathroom, baked, vacuumed, flipped the mattress and made dinner. Amongst all that I did manage to play some video games. I had a bit of a workout Wii boxing (which probably explains why my back is a little sore today) and then I completed one tour on RockBand as a drummer. I think that's my work for the week and I'll spend the rest of it relaxing :)
No comments:
Post a Comment