Thursday, March 6, 2008

Famous last words

What would you say if you knew you were dying? What would be your last speech? An interesting question. I received one of those forwarded e-mails today that had a video clip attached. I don't normally think much about it but this one was pretty powerful (and not just because he was on Oprah).
There was a lecture series at the college where Randy Pausch taught where people were to do a lecture as if it was their last. In this case it really was for him. In August 2007 he found out he only had a few more months to live as he had pancreatic cancer.
Check out the link before to see his last lecture that he reprised for the Oprah Show.

http://www.oprah.com/health/oz/oz_20071022_350_106.jhtml

I just googled him and as of today he is still alive. He's not doing very well (kidney's are failing) but he's still enjoying every day that he has.

A good lesson for us all.

No comments: