Sunday, March 23, 2008

Another Long Weekend comes to a close

Easter weekend was super early this year. The next time we have one this early will be in about 95 years. Now we have to wait two months until our next long weekend. Fortunately for me I have a vacation in April that I can look forward to.
So this year, Easter weekend was pretty restful. My parents are on a cruise so we didn't have to get together for a family dinner. Friday we woke up and headed to Fariena's to visit as we hadn't seen them in a while. The kids and Russ were not there when we got there, so I ran over to my friend Christine to visit her and her new baby. I love little babies. They are so content to sit in our arms and listen to what's going on. As usual, she fell asleep. I have that effect on little people.
I headed back to Fariena's and had a quick lunch with the kids and then we all headed to the movies to watch "Horton hear's a Who". Unfortunately we got there just before it started so we were in the third row. Fariena, Russ and Kira all fell asleep at various parts of the movie. It was ok but after an hour you could tell all the kids were starting to get restless.
Friday night we headed over to Raju's friends' house to celebrate a couple of birthdays. As we were leaving I asked what time it was and it was already 1:00a.m. I'm shocked that I was up that late.
Saturday we went to Raju's cousins' house. He is getting married in a couple of weeks and there was a religious event going on (kind of like a prayer meeting). It was pretty uneventful and not as long as I thought it would be. Once we were finished we drove Raju's mom home and then headed back downtown to the grocery store. That's also the weird thing about Easter Weekend, it's 3 days off but the stores are closed 2 of those days, so it only gives you one day to get everything done. In the evening we took it easy, ordered dinner from Kubo radio and watched Michael Clayton. It was an interesting movie. I think I liked it but it lacked the flash of Hollywood movies.
Today it's house stuff. Raju cleaned the upstairs room, which I'm really enjoying hanging out in these days.
I started to tackle his room and I made hot cross buns. I remember when we were little my Mom always did baking Easter weekend and this was one of the thing she made.
Off I go to check on the laundry and maybe watch an afternoon movie.
Happy Easter!!!

No comments: