Monday, March 3, 2008

It's all coming together

Our new house is great, but it hasn't really felt like home yet. However, this past weekend we went to Ikea and purchased a few more items that is slowly bringing it all together and starting to make it feel like home.
The loft is a great space and it's starting to be one of my favourite places in our house. We got a nice little couch and bookshelf to store all of Raju's books (and a few of mine).












In the kitchen we have a buffet to store our china.
We (really meaning Raju) still have to build the armoire for the linen room, but by the end of this week I'm going to feel much more organized.
The one missing piece is the dresser for Raju's clothes. I had one picked out but it wasn't in stock. That's ok because I'm sure we'll be back at Ikea at some point. As you know, when you move into a new place, your favourite stores become Ikea, Canadian Tire and Home Depot.
Stay tuned for more house updates.

1 comment:

sally said...

I have that same bookcase! haha. and the same couch as you, remember? awww....that'll feel like my old apartment!!