The summer brings about some regular outings. We are fortunate to have social events at our workplace and last Thursday was our annual boat cruise. It's a great day to get out on the water, enjoy good food, drinks and spend some time with co-workers. I like the people I work with so this is not a chore. There has also been an after boat cruise event that has been happening. This year was no different. I was a bit worried as I woke up not feeling well (summer cold) on Thursday morning. However once the cold medicine wore off and I started drinking life was great. Raju and his friends joined me at the after party. We made it home by midnight, but then I had to grab my pillow and spend some time on the bathroom floor. I expected this would happen so I just rolled with it. I did manage to make it into work for 8:30a.m. the next morning, so I can still party like I was young (well..kind of anyway).
Another annual event is going up to Sauble Beach and spending time with Fariena, Russ and the kids. Normally we sneak away in the middle of the week to avoid traffic. This year our work scheduled did not allow for that so we took an extra long weekend. We left Saturday morning had no traffic problems. Unfortunately the weather was not great (another annual thing for us) so we did not get to spend much time on the beach. Mainly, it was just hanging out, catching up and doing a whole lot of nothing. We were supposed to come back today but decided to come back last night instead. We made even better time and were home just shortly after 11:00p.m. This means that today I have a day to do whatever. I've cleaned the bathrooms and washed the car already. Now I'm off to exercise and then maybe a pedicure and meeting Raju for a movie tonight.
Have I mentioned before how much I love summer?
No comments:
Post a Comment