Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chapter Two cupcake creation

A few posts ago, I wrote about a book I was reading called "The Icing on the Cupcake" by Jennifer Ross. At then end of every chapter there is a cupcake recipe. A few weeks ago I tried Chapter One"Heartbreak with a Strawberry on Top".
Today's was "Wakeup and Smell the Scandal Carrot Cupcakes" or as I would name them "Everything but the kitchen sink". I made them and had them cool while we spent the afternoon at my Uncle and Aunt's house in Markham. When we returned home I made the cream cheese frosting to go on top.
The cupcakes consist of carrots, apple, coconut, pecans, dried cranberries (the recipe actually calls for dried cherries but I couldn't find those and I don't like them either) and chocolate chips. I wasn't quite sure how they would taste. With the cream cheese frosting they really did taste like mini carrot cakes. They are dense like a carrot cake but kind of moist too. I took some pictures of one but it didn't turn out well. I'll try to remember at work tomorrow and post it for you.

No comments: