Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Catching up

Hi my loyal readers. Sorry it's been a while. I don't know where the time goes. I wish I could say I hadn't written in a while because I was doing exciting things but I don't think that's the case. Let me think back and see what I've been up to.
The week of August 16th sped past. We had a death in the family. My Auntie Sally (well she is actually my Dad's Aunt, so that makes her my great Aunt). She had just turned 80 in July. Fortunately we were able to see her a couple of weeks ago at a family BBQ. That is how I will remember her. I chose not to go and see her in the coffin, as often times people don't look like their normal selves and that's not how I wanted to remember her.
Friday after work I met up with Raju and we went to check out the 'park' at City Hall. It is more like a bunch of plants with seating areas. It was nice and peaceful and quiet. I can imagine many people go there at lunch to eat. We headed home to drop off our bags and then went to Joy Bistro for dinner. I had a craving for their salad (apples, grapes and cheddar cheese on greens) and also tried their mushroom ravioli. It was delicious.
On Saturday it was Diana's baby shower. The early part of the day, I spent puttering about the house and then headed over to Di's house around 2:30p.m. It was a lot of fun. I had much fun playing with her niece Charlotte (she's about 3 I think). I could have picked her up and brought her home with me. I can imagine Diana was much like her, when she was little. Di looked great but is getting bigger. A few more weeks until Little Lady Lee-Begonia arrives. I can't wait to meet her.
That evening Raju needed to test out a 3D TV he's had for a couple of weeks. So we watched Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs. It was an ok movie, but the 3D really did nothing for me. I found it odd to watch TV with glasses on and also if I wanted to lie down the glasses didn't work. At the end of the movie, I was also starting to get a bit of a headache. So I'm not sure how long the 3D fad is going to last.
Sunday we woke up and headed to the grocery store for our weekly supplies. Then it was off to Pickering to visit the in-laws. My mother-in-law also gave us cucumbers and cherry tomatoes from her garden. As we were out, we popped in to see my parents and Camilla and the boys as well. After running around it was time to get back home where I started a cooking frenzy. My Sunday creations consisted of, homemade hamburger buns, sunflower bars (from the Grain free- cookbook, they're ok but too peanut butter tasting for me), margarita cupcakes (they have Tequila in them) and Tres Leche (rum soaked cupcakes). The Margarita ones aren't bad but the Tres Leches are very strong. I don't think I'll be eating those.
Monday night was a return to Yoga. I hadn't been since before I went to Edmonton. We had a different instructor tonight. She gave us a bit of a workout. It was good but not as relaxing as I remembered my sessions to be. Thanks Mel, for coming with me. It gave me the incentive to go or else I would have just stayed at home.
Tuesday I woke not feeling very good but took some oil of oregano and hoped for the best. At work there were a group of people doing the Big Bike Ride at lunch. This is to raise money for Heart and Stroke. I was a back-up rider in case someone was not able to. Fortunately I did not have to ride so took pictures instead. As the day went on, I was feeling worse and worse and finding it hard to concentrate. I made it through the day though. Camilla came by with Ryan and Jack for a visit. I felt bad because I really wasn't feeling very energetic but I tried. They are entertaining and it's always a good time to have them around.
Today I woke up and planned to go to work. I showered and everything but just really didn't have the energy, so I called in sick. I spent most of the day sleeping and now have tried to do a bit of cleaning, but it's going very slow as I run out of energy quite fast. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better.

1 comment:

Princess Di said...

Watching tv with glasses DOES suck! Hope you recovered in time for your husband's birthday party and big day at Fan Expo!