Thursday, August 5, 2010

Missing Green Bins and Living Social

After an extra long weekend it was back to work yesterday. I'm glad it was already Wednesday but I had a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I managed to get through it alright and then headed home unscathed and even having been a little bit productive as well. Back at home I went to bring in the our recycling bin and green bin. Recycling is no problem since we have largest possible bin, but our Green Bin was no where in sight. I know sometimes the collectors like to throw the bins around and it's a few houses away but not this time. Even when Raju got home he walked up the street to find it, but it just disappeared. Who steals a green bin?
Well, there wasn't much we could do about it, so we headed up to the Danforth and had dinner at Christina's. It was pretty good. On the way back we stopped at Withrow Park to see something called Dusk Dances. We just got there to see the end of it. I'm not entirely sure what it is but seemed to appeal to the kids a lot.
Today it was back to work, but I got an e-mail that helped me waste a bit of time. Camilla introduced me to a site called Living Social. I signed up and every day they send a 'deal of the day'. Today's was money off a store called Peach Berserk. You can design your own dresses. It's a bit out of my price range but I quite enjoyed playing on the website and putting together different styles. Check it out for yourself here: Design your own dress at Peach Berserk.
After work I met up with Caroline at Jump! for a drink. I had never been there before. I enjoyed a Candy Apple Martini, and then we headed to The Keg for dinner. It had been a long time since I saw her, so it was nice just to hang out and catch up.
That's it for now...happy designing!

1 comment:

Princess Di said...

I'm a stickler for our green bin, as soon as they are done picking it up, I tuck all of our bins away right away as I know many have disappeared from our street as well...