Sunday, January 18, 2009

Winter fun

Here we are again, living in a winter wonderland. Raju thinks that the way to enjoy it is to embrace it. So as many of you are aware he is on this tobogganing kick. He went once and has been bugging me to go. I have been hesitant because I'm not sure speeding down a hill on a flimsy piece of wood is particularly my idea of fun.
This morning though we woke up early and I figured why not? I have to say going at 8:30a.m. when no one else is around is the way to go. We had the hill all to ourselves, so there was no fear of banging into or being hit by any flying kids :)
Join us on our magic carpet ride....(actually it was a wooden sleigh more than a magic carpet)



It was fun going down but for anyone who knows Riverdale park, the walk up the hill is another story. After 3 runs down the hill and having to walk back up that was enough for us and we headed back home.
It was short rest before we headed back out to meet Raju's friends, James and Yasmin for lunch. We went to a restaurant called Three's Company at Danforth and Pape. The food was delicious but I'm still trying to decide how I feel about the service. Raju and I got there first and got a table while we waited. There was a bit of a line and the waitress kept coming over (about every 2 min.) to see if the rest of our party was showing up or if we wanted to order. It was a bit annoying. I asked for water 3 times and didn't get it, so finally Raju got me a glass from another waiter at the end of the meal. One of my pancakes was not cooked so I told the waitress and she just had me slide it off my plate and took it away without a word. Not even "I'm sorry...we'll get you another". I did end up getting a new one but after I had eaten everything else. It was a strange experience.
After brunch we headed to James and Yasmin's house. They moved to the East side in the fall and I hadn't seen their house as yet. It was quite nice. A lot of separate rooms and decorated in a french countryish manner. They were going to visit our house as well, but since the weather isn't the greatest we decided we'd do brunch again near our place and then do the tour of our house.
At home, I was supposed to be doing some work. I got a little bit done but now I'm procrastinating from doing some more and trying to justify that I will get it done at work if I move some meetings around. I may just have to do that.
I'm off to make a phone call to procrastinate some more.

No comments: