Saturday, January 17, 2009

Retraction from the Chef

This morning I got to baking class nice and early so I would have all the ingredients ready and be prepared so as not to get in trouble from Chef. Mel got there at the same time and we got to work getting all of our ingredients. As class started and we got ready for our first demo, Chef asked how everyone enjoyed their Brioche. Everyone said that it hadn't cooked entirely through, to which Chef replied that someone must have put the wrong flour in the bin as that could be the only explanation. So it was not our fault, we knew what we were doing, it was whoever filled the flour bin. The funny thing is, that Chef also said she liked the taste of ours better anyway.
Today we made Chelsea Buns (Cinnamon rolls) and the dough for the croissants we will be making next week. Thank goodness I have a great partner. I have been experiencing some pains in my hands the last week so rolling was difficult for me. Mel took it on and gave herself a great workout. Thanks Mel! Hopefully my hands will be better next week and I'll take on the rolling for the Danish dough.
Tonight we visited Raju's friends Boyd and Sarah. They had a baby boy (Leo) 2 months ago. Boyd made a great dinner and we were able to visit with the baby. He's such a great laid back boy. He only got fussy when he was wet or hungry. Other than than perfectly content to just hang out.
We ended the night by coming home and watching a few episodes on Entourage. I am surprised that I like that show considering how vulgar it can be. I can't help it though, I find it very amusing.

No comments: