Saturday, September 13, 2008

A long awaited birthday dinner

Today started off with my usual early morning venture to the grocery store. I was on a mission. I was finally making Raju his birthday dinner. I wanted to make it a Luau theme in preparation for our Hawaii trip.
I got my supplies and made it back home in time to jump in the shower and head over to Morning Glory where we met Di and Mahi for brunch. It was delicious and the company was great as usual.
We wandered back home, with a stop at Starbuck's for Raju to get his tea. After a little nap, it was time to get going. I made two kinds of bread (not for dinner, just because) and for dinner the menu was:
Brie with pecans and apricot jam
Kalua Beef Nachos
Lollipop shrimp luau
Fried Rice
Misoyaki Butterfish


I even dressed the part of a Hawaiian girl (use your imagination - I'm not posting that picture)
As Raju fell asleep right after dinner, I'll take it as a sign that everything was delicious.

No comments: