Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Fall Weekend...

This weekend was a mixture or visiting, yard work, partying and relaxing.
Friday night I got on the GO Train and headed east to Ajax. This month is Ramadan so we were invited to my Uncle and Aunt's house for dinner. I went to Camilla's first as Fariena had headed out earlier and she was there with the kids. I got to spend time with my niece and nephews and managed to shove myself into my wedding dress for fun. I asked Kira if she new what kind of dress it was. Her reply was "Yes...it's a princess dress".
Dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's was very good. We hadn't seen them or my cousins for a very long time (almost 2 years). There were many kids there and afterwards it made me rethink wanting ones of our own. At times I couldn't even hear myself think. As always, kids have something funny to say. Callum was playing with another little boy and hit him. Fariena called him over and asked him why he hit the other little boy. His reply "He wanted me to!" It took everything for me not to laugh out loud.
It was after 10:00p.m. by the time I made it home. Mahi and Abbas were over visiting Raju. By the time Abbas left it was after midnight and very much past my bedtime.
Saturday we got up around 8:00a.m. and headed off to buy lawn for our garden. The rest of the morning was spent putting it down. Check out the before and after pictures.










After a little afternoon rest, it was time to get ready for Lee-Anne's stagette. Diana came over for dinner and then we headed off on the TTC. It was a crazy night, as there were only buses and they didn't seem to be going further than Bathurst. We made it that far and then took a cab the rest of the way. After a few hours at Suzi's condo we headed to Brant house for some 'bottle service'. That's the only way to get a seat at clubs these days. The Bride-to-be seemed to be enjoying herself and I reminisced about my stagette at Brant House. That night turned out to be very messy for me. Saturday night thought I behaved and at 1:00a.m. Diana and I headed home.

This morning I got up and had a craving to go to Milestone's for breakfast. So Raju and I headed over and sat on the patio. It was a bit chilly, so they put on the heaters and it was much more comfortable. I had the California Eggs Benedict. I would post a picture but I have to figure out how to download pictures off my phone first (or I just have to find the right cord). I was skeptical because it had avocado salsa, and I'm not found of avocados. But I didn't have to worry it was delicious. Afterwards we headed to Canadian Tire for an electrical saw to help cut some branches. When we got home I was feeling tuckered out, so after some puttering about I went upstairs to read a magazine and ended up falling asleep on the bean bag for a few hours. When I got up, PC was over watching football. I decided to bake some cookies and beef patties and am now just waiting for the dishwasher to finish. I guess I'll pack my bag for school tomorrow. It's bran muffins and tea biscuit night :)

No comments: