Saturday, February 2, 2008

Settling In

You know it's funny....one of the first questions most people ask after you have moved in is "Does it feel like home yet?" I think it's getting there for me. I still sort of feel like I'm on vacation because I don't have some routines in place (i.e. - where to do my hair, I haven't blown dried it at all since I've been here). Next week I'll be getting my new stove and then that should make me feel better in the kitchen. I'm too scared to cook with the one we currently have.
However, every time we have people over I feel more homey. So I think the plan is, to have people over lots. Last night was a lot of fun, with some girl talk and then Rock Band. I hope to have many more nights like that.
I am also starting to meet some of the neighbours. Last night as Sally and Diana left I decided to clear off my car so it wasn't buried in snow. As I was outside, someone's car got stuck and a few of us with our shovels tried to dig him out. Actually I didn't really do anything except stand around with my shovel as I had no idea what to do. Anyway his wife's name was Chrissy and she was very grateful. This morning I met Philip from across the street. He helped when Camilla came over to drop off Ryan.
Speaking of Ryan, Camilla dropped him off when she went to choir today. I was hoping to play with him and we did for a bit but then he got tired and slept for most of the time until his Mama came back.
Now it's time to learn the joys of having a big house when it comes time to clean :) Can't wait to get Rosie coming to help clean.

1 comment:

melandnorm said...

Congrats on your new home! So excited for you!!!