Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Come take a ride

I had to work at our Montreal office on Friday, so I decided to take Raju with me and stay for the weekend.
We were so fortunate to be there during Festival Montréal en Lumière.
We stayed at a fantastic hotel - Sofitel. The service was excellent. The bed was so comfortable. If you wanted to buy the bed (King Size), sheets, pillows and duvet you could have it all for a nice low price of $3025.
Friday night we had a great dinner at an Indian food restaurant around the corner from the hotel. The service was great. They were not just polite but respectful. I felt like we were a priority for them.
Saturday we wandered to St. Catherines and did some shopping. Then we took the subway to Old Montreal. As part of the festival they had an ice-slide. It was free to go down, so Raju and I went. Experience it with us!

Wasn't that fun????
After that invigorating ride, we walked back to the hotel via St. Laurent and then St. Catherines. Along the way, we stopped for Raju to buy a pair of running shoes from the Adidas store.
When we got back our room was being cleaned so we hung out in the bar. We made reservations at the restaurant (Renoir) for later in the evening. They were part of the festival (kind of like Winterlicious) and we had heard great things about the food so we were excited. I can't even describe how amazing the food was. It was fixed price menu of which you got to choose 3 dishes each. That's right 3 dishes!!! And not, one appetizer, one main, one dessert....3 real dishes. I started off with a crab casserole (my favourite dish), followed that with lamb and then ended with chicken stuffed with scallops. And for dessert we were able to choose another 3 - each...
I had some creamy thing made of Chilean fruit, creme brulee and a strawberry dessert.





I don't know if it was all the good food but Raju and I slept until 9:30a.m. the next morning. I never sleep that late anymore and I think I could have slept all day. We managed to get up and get out for breakfast/lunch at Reuben's. I wanted pancakes.


I think I got more than I bargained for.
As we waited until it was time to leave, we decided to hang out in a cafe near the University. I read while Raju wrote notes in his notebook. I don't think I had ever done that before. It was pretty relaxing.
All in all I had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. I think the next time I go back it needs to be in warm sunny weather.

2 comments:

sally said...

awww...sounds like fun!
although, in the time I was there, I've never heard of that festival! haha. I didn't get out much though...

Camilla said...

How fun! Loved the ice slide - felt like I was there! I'm ready for my Montreal trip now. By the way, I like how detailed the descriptions of your meals were ... but little was said about your shopping! (Are you hiding something?!?!?)