Friday, February 29, 2008

One Night Only

Last night I took Camilla out for an early birthday present. There was a benefit concert at the ACC for Sunnybrook's women and babies program. They are building/renovating a dedicated space for women with high risk pregnancies and premature babies. This is really close to home for us as our cousin who passed away a few years ago was at Sunnybrook when she had complications after delivering her baby.
The tickets were a little expensive but soooo worth it. The concert was supposed to start at 7:00p.m. however because of sound check problems, the doors didn't open until 7:00p.m. and the concert started at 8:00p.m.

First up was RayDan. They are twin brothers who sound like they want to be the next Opera Babes or Il Divo (or so Camilla says). They were ok and I'm sure will get better over time. They were born here in Toronto and are a big hit in the UK.

Then our MC/hostess got on stage. Jann Arden. She is really funny. I didn't realize that before. She also did a set and sang a duet with Sarah McLachlan. Camilla really enjoyed this as these were two of her favourite artists that she used to listen to in University.

Following that, Sarah McLachlan did her set. I forgot how much I liked her songs. She sang a duet with Josh Groban in her set.

Then we had a little bit of a longer break and Josh Groban got on stage for his set. It was really good. He had quite the set-up and even played drums at one point.

I forgot how much I enjoyed Sarah McLachlan and Josh Groban's music. I'll have to get Raju to download their albums so I can put it on my iPod nano or shuffle.

After Josh Groban's set there was a really long break. The final act was Bryan Adams. He started his set at 11:30p.m. He wasn't really the draw for us so after 3 songs Camilla and I left.

I was tired and knew I had to get up early to get stuff ready for girls night tonight and get to the Dentist by 8:00a.m.

It was a great concert though, and I'm glad that I managed to get tickets to go. At the same time, I feel like I've helped donate to a worthy cause.

1 comment:

melandnorm said...

Wasn't Sarah great? Yes, we're both getting old - 1am was way too late for me but I had a great time. So what do you say about having our babies at Sunnybrook? =)