So the first Family Day long weekend is here. I started it off with my gal pals. Friday night I walked over to Diana's for dinner with her and Sally. We had some much needed girl talk time and watched the first episode of "Lipstick Jungle". I think that's one of my new must see shows. I find it amusing and 'Kirby' is very easy on the eyes.
At the end of the night I got the chance to get a ride in Sally's new CRV. It was very roomy and will be a perfect family vehicle. (Thanks Sal, for the ride home).
Today I got up and made my Mom's birthday cake. I made it from scratch using my Mom's recipe. I hope it tastes as good as hers. Although, since I missed one of the ingredients (thankfully not one of the essential ones) it might not.
This afternoon I walked over to the Eaton Centre and met Caroline for some more girl time. We wandered into Abercrombie and Fitch (with the shirtless guy in the front) and Hollister, the two club stores. Of course, I didn't get anything since all the cloths in those stores would only fit on my pinky finger.
Afterwards I set off to Senses Spa (in the Sheraton) for a facial and massage. I was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait longer for it. As it turns out there was a mix-up with Way Spa and my appointment was for Wednesday not today. Originally when I made the booking this would have been fine but now I have plans and will not be able to make it. I guess I'll just have to rebook for sometime next month.
I came home and was able to spend some quality time with my husband so it turned out for the best anyway. As I didn't feel like cooking Raju and I went out for dinner at Prohibition (it may be our new local hangout). Raju then hopped on the streetcar and headed west for a night out with his friends and I came back home.
Now I'm watching another movie favourite "Never Been Kissed". It's time to go and see the end . Then I think I'll crawl into bed and start reading "The Blind Side" as Di keeps bugging me read it. I'll share my thoughts when I finish it.
No comments:
Post a Comment