Monday, February 14, 2011

Yoga on my own

Last week I didn't get in my regular Monday yoga session.  I really needed to do some stretching so tried a Wednesday class instead.  The timing was good as it started at 4:30p.m., although I felt that was a little bit rushed with leaving work.  The instructor was ok, but she wasn't Jane (our regular instructor).  I also found that some of the moves were more 'active' than relaxing.  I showed them to some ladies at work and they had no idea what I was doing and they both do yoga regularly.
Interestingly enough the one thing that I did discover is that I missed having my gal pals with me.  I know we don't chat while in yoga but just having them nearby helps to calm and de-stress me.  I know that it's hard to get our schedules to work and Jane herself is a great teacher but it is the combination of attending with my friends that make it worthwhile.

No comments: