Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Family Day Weekend

I'm so happy that we have a long weekend in February.  What ever did we do a couple of years ago when it did not exist?
Saturday we had a long overdue visit at Kim's.  She had invited us over for dinner along with Trish and family and Diana and crew.  Unfortunately Di was not feeling well so was not able to join us.  The drive out to Burford was a bit tough as it was quite windy and I really had to hang on to the steering wheel to keep control of the car.  We got there in one piece though and right behind Trish, Greg and the kids.
It was great to see everyone and how the kids have grown.  They were all very busy.  Never a dull moment.  The dinner and company was great.  Thanks for having us over Kim!
Sunday was a girls brunch at Hot House with my Mom, sisters, niece, Fariena's mother-in-law, and my Auntie Angela.  We were celebrating my Mom's birthday which was on the 18th.  Or course I ate a lot and maybe a bit too much.  My favourite dishes are the BBQ chicken and the cheese capalletti.  After eating so much I just had to come home and take a nap.
Monday we headed to Pickering and visited with Raju's parents and of course ate good food there as well.  I think family day weekend can be summarized by eating and visiting family.  Exactly what it was made for.
Unfortunately Raju woke up with the stomach flu and is not well at all.  I hope he recovers quickly and that I don't catch it.

No comments: