Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Superbowl Sunday

Sunday brought the end of the football season (yeah!!!).  Raju had a few of his friends over so of course we had to prepare a bit of food.  Our menu consisted of:
  • Chicken wings (made 3 different ways)
  • Nachos and nacho dip
  • PC Cheese Hors D'oervers
  • Chicken Wontons
  • Chips
  • Chili (made by Raju's friend PC)
  • Macaroni and Cheese
  • Grilled Asparagus (plain and wrapped in prusciotto)
  • Big Sandwich (chicken, turkey and roastbeef)
  • Cake (brought by Spencer)
  • Mini chocolate cupcakes with buttercream filling - I bought this mix from Williams Sonoma and if I had the right baking pan it would have been a large Oreo Cookie cake.  It was good but for $15 (and that was on sale) I didn't think it was amazing.
Diana and Gerwyn were also having people over so I popped over just before the game started.  I finally got to meet Jacen.  He liked me better than Marley.  I'm not giving up on her though.  She's going to have to learn to play with me eventually, especially when I build my dollhouse (it's taken longer than I thought ).  It was great to see everyone as it had been a really long time.  I miss our girl get togethers.  We must plan one soon :)


One other recipe I was going to make was Apple Walnut Bruschetta.  It was a recipe from this months Eat Clean magazine.  However there was so much food, so instead I made it yesterday and today.  It was quite tasty.  It's not entirely gluten free as it says to use a multi grain baguette but that's ok with me.  The picture came out brighter than expected so I'm not sure if you can see it well.  It's a multi grain baguette with a goat cheese/roasted garlic spread, topped with an apple slice and walnuts.  All toasted and delicious!

No comments: