Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cake pops...again

I blogged about the cake balls in a previous post which you can read about here.  I was inspired to try them again on Friday/Saturday but also wanted to get a little fancy.  This time I took pictures throughout the process with Raju's fancy camera.  So enjoy my progress in pictures.   I realize that I forgot to take pictures of the melted chocolate and the dipping process.  That's the most time consuming part.  This whole process from baking the cake to forming into shapes and dipping in chocolate took in total about 5 hours.  3 hours alone were for the dipping and decorating.  Definitely not something I could do regularly because it take so long, but I do like the results.
The cake batter ready for forming

Start with forming into balls then chill in fridge for a couple of hours


Using a cookie cutter to form into hearts

Starting the pops - putting the sticks in with the chocolate
Finished Pops - It says "I Luv You"

Ready for Delivery

Trying to make 'Cupcakes'.  I used a flower cookie cutter to shape it and this is the first dip into the chocolate

The finished 'Cupcake'

Some more cake balls



2 comments:

sally said...

mmmmm.....those look so good saads!

Kimber said...

They were SOOOO good! Thanks for sharing!