I know my posts have not been regular lately. Sorry but I really haven't had that much going on. I was consumed with Sparkle (an iPad game) and spent much of my time playing that. I finally finished it last week and then I moved on to finishing a book I had started a loooong time ago.
This weekend did turn out to be a bit busy. Friday night it was off to Crocodile Rock with work colleagues to meet up with Anjali. It was her 'Good bye' party, but one week after she has left. She looked fantastic and is doing well at her new job. Miss you Anjali!!!!!
Raju, Suzi and Sunny (Raju and Suzi's cousin from England) met up with me there. I also bumped into Templeton boys and the Adrians and Bruce. They seem to be everywhere. I think they are stalking me :)
I left early (7:30p.m.) to prepare myself to babysit Jack and Ryan on Saturday. A 3 year old and 1 year old require a lot of energy and I did not want to be hungover. Raju, Suzi and Sunny however decided to carry on their night.

Saturday, Camilla arrived with the boys around 9:15a.m. We started the day off with pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast and then Camilla ducked out for choir practice. Surprisingly there were no tears at all. The boys continued doing what they were doing. We finished up breakfast and then headed upstairs to the 'play area'. Ryan had a Mickey Mouse computer game he wanted to play. It's also where the toys are so a good place to hang out. Jack just walked back and forth and looked at various things while Ryan was on the computer. After a while of hanging out there we headed back downstairs for lunch. You know how kids always say the 'darndest things'. Lunch wasn't ready and Ryan was hungry so he said "I think we should have a snack while we're waiting" I replied, "Sure, how about an apple?", Ryan replied "Ummmm, I don't think so, how about chips?" Nice try, but chips were not opened. Jack was asking for an apple so we cut that up and shared it.

Lunch was chicken and Kraft dinner. Ryan did eat the chicken and Kraft dinner, but for seconds, just wanted the Kraft dinner. I even managed to pop in some chocolate cupcakes for dessert. Before I knew it, it was 1:30p.m. and Camilla was back. She had some lunch and then was off with the boys. I quite enjoyed them but have to admit was tired and would have loved to rest. But no rest for us as we were entertaining. Suzi and Sunny came over for dinner. We felt like it had been a long time since we cooked and wanted to make something good. Menu: Mushroom stuffed beef tenderloin, grilled lamp chops, sauteed mushrooms and green onion, roasted cauliflower with Asian dipping sauce, garlic shrimp, and roasted potatoes. It was a lovely evening. They left at 9:30p.m. to start partying but the rain did not make me want to leave the warmth and comfort of my house.
Sunday was a pretty relaxing day. I took a few nap and then in the evening we headed out to Whitby to have dinner at Raju's cousins house. The males partook in much alcohol and I had to drag Raju at 10:00p.m. reminding him we had work the next day. It was nice though and I felt a bit bad about making him leave. We don't often have the chance to hang out with them except at formal family events. This was a nice casual evening. They're daughter is 5 had has a pink princess bedroom. I loved it.

Last week I had also started making some sugar cookies. I made them in the shape of ghosts and pumpkins for Halloween and put them in the freezer. Tonight I took them out and iced them. I'm getting my juices flowing again as I'm headed to Cupcake Class on Saturday with Mel. I can hardly wait!!!!
2 comments:
I can't wait either!! So I'll be at your house on Saturday night??? -Di
Sorry Di..I've got dinner plans. Maybe I'll come to you on Sunday if there are any treats left :)
Post a Comment