Monday, October 4, 2010

Comfort Food

You know when you aren't feeling well, there are just some foods you want to eat to make you feel better?  This past week Raju had a cold and although I tried valiantly with my weapon of Oil of Oregano to ward it off from me.it hit me like a ton of brick Friday night and into the weekend.  All week though I had been thinking about the french toast at 'Toast', so Saturday we went out for brunch to satisfy my craving.  I am sad to say it may be our last outing to Toast for a little while.  I really like it there and it has become our go to brunch spot in the neighbourhood but we have not had a good experience the last two times we have been there.  Both times our order has been lost.  The first time this happened we were waiting about 45 minutes and Raju had to ask another waitress to check on it.  She came back with the standard "Yours is the next order" but then 3 other orders still came out after that and they weren't ours.  This time, our waitress noticed right away and came to confirm our order.  I think this is when it actually went in as it was another 15 minutes before we got it.  At least when she said "Your order is next" it really was.  I was kind of hoping that it wouldn't have tasted good either so I wouldn't miss it, but the french toast was as delicious as always :(  Guess I'll have to find a favourite dish somewhere else.
Because I wasn't feeling well, I didn't go got Sally's shower as I didn't think it would be a good idea to spread my germs to pregnant women and babies.  I was looking forward to seeing everyone as I feel like it's been a while since I have seen all you ladies.  Maybe we can fit in a dinner or something before Sally's big day.  Saturday night, I did venture out as we had a family event at Raju's Uncle's house.  We didn't stay too long as we took the opportunity to go and see his Mom and make sure she was doing alright (They leave for England tonight for her brother's funeral next week).  Nuit Blanche did not even come into consideration for me.  We got home around 9:30p.m. and it wasn't long before I made it into bed.
Sunday was errand running and house chores time and that tuckered me out.  I did take some time to relax.  We have a trial version of Netflicks so I'm catching up on season one of Drop Dead Diva.  I did find it hard to enjoy though as I was blowing my nose every two seconds and missing the conversations :(
Thankfully my loving husband made dinner so I didn't have to worry about that.  He made mushroom soup, braised beef and sweet potato hash.  All very delicious.  I quite like this braising thing.  The meat just fell right off the bone.
We ended the evening playing a game that he has to review.  It's some massage thing on the Wii.  It's awful.  Basically it's Simon.  They divid the 'client's back into 9 squares.  The computer plays a tune and you have to remember it and repeat it.  It's not easy when you get to 6+ notes, but I don't quite understand the massage aspect of it.
Today I'm still not feeling well, so Raju met me to go to my favourite soup place that he introduced me too.  Ravi Soup's.  It's at Adelaide and Peter.  I had the corn chowder with crab and a flank steak wrap.  I never used to be a soup fan, but I love the feeling of warmth as the hot liquid goes down my throat and into my belly.  Now, if only I could go home and curl up in bed....that would be the perfect end to it :)

No comments: