Sunday, October 10, 2010

Impromptu Wedding

It can be done!  A wedding can be planned in 24 hours.  I discovered this today, as this morning I got the official invitation (I heard yesterday to expect the invitation) to my cousin's wedding that was happening at 5:00p.m. today.  My cousin is currently working in Calgary on a contract and his fiancee lives in Florida.  They both were in Toronto this weekend so they decided to have the Nikkah (Muslim Wedding) while they were here together.  I guess this was decided on Friday night or Saturday morning and since then there has been a lot planning which resulted in tonight's wedding at Affy's restaurant in Pickering.  Of course, like many brown events, it did not start on time.  It was 6:20p.m. by the time it started but the ceremony was done by 6:45p.m.  There was then a break as most of the guests left to pray and then every one returned for dinner.  After dinner the speeches started.  They went on for a bit and then it was dessert.  That was my cue to exit.
For such a last minute wedding, it was attended by about 100 guests and everything seemed to have run very smoothly.

No comments: