Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yoga

For the past several months (could even be a year) Diana has been trying to convince me to join her and Mel for Yoga on Monday nights. I always resisted as I didn't believe it was my thing. I remember trying it years ago and being bored out of my mind. I am also not into the 'feeling one with the earth' type of thing and I think of Yoga as very earthy like that. In my quest to focus on myself I thought I'd give it another try. So last night I met up with the ladies at the Yoga lounge. I actually found it pretty relaxing (except for when I opened my eyes and saw a cat in my face). And today I was a little sore in some areas. Not a lot but enough to know that I had done something different with my muscles last night. I was not able to turn my mind off completely but hope to get to that point at some time.
I think I just needed an attitude adjustment...and not to expect that Yoga was a workout but a quieting of the mind and body which is sometimes just as important as the exercise stuff.
I guess I'll keep at it and see where this journey takes me. It also gives me time to spend with some lovely ladies that I don't see often enough (even though we live so close :))

No comments: