Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm still here...

I know that it has been a while since I last posted (well, just a little over a week). Sorry, but I've been working quite a bit of overtime so I just haven't had the time to update my blog. But as I sit here with cookies in the oven and Chuck on TV I thought I would share some highlights of the past week with you.
Raju and I have gotten into the habit of walking around the neighbourhood to find something to eat. Last week Saturday we headed out and found Baldini's. It's a little Italian place that we have walked by many times and decided we would visit. We hadn't been out walking on Queen for a few weeks and it's amazing how many new little stores and restaurants have popped up. It's great rediscovering our neighbourhood. Dinner was delicious. It was a quaint little place that I would visit again. After dinner we were saying that it really is hard to find a bad meal in our hood.
The Sunday after that was a beautiful day. I got up, exercised and did some laundry while Raju went for a bike ride. When he got back we went for a walk to Meating on Queen so Raju could get some sausages and I got a chicken schnitzel sandwich (delicious). That seemed to have tuckered me out so when we got back I took a long nap. When I woke up, Raju had left a note to say that he had gone out with his friends. I can't remember what else I did that day but I imagine I just took it easy.
Monday night although my yoga girls were both away I went anyway and was accompanied by my sister-in-law Suzi. I was really looking forward to it, as I've been working on the computer a lot and really needed some relaxing time. I became so relaxed that I almost fell asleep.
Wednesday I met up with Diana after work. We walked for a bit and stopped for dinner at Bistro 243 (used to be Toba, then Pico). I enjoyed it, but more than that it was nice to catch up with Di. She gets more and more pregnant every time I see her. This time she even had the waddle. Very cute!!!
Thursday was fruit and veggie delivery night, so I left work right on time. Camilla was also dropping by for some stuff I had to pass on to her. I think this will be our last delivery of food for the summer. We are usually pretty busy and aren't around a lot to receive our food. We'll start it up again in the fall.
Friday was the start of the long weekend. I actually left work a bit early and enjoyed an afternoon at home with Raju (he had the day off as was to be working all weekend). Later he went out to meet some friends. As I was trying to figure out what to eat for dinner, Diana called. They were firing up the BBQ to make dinner for some friends. I put my running shoes on and headed on over. We had steak, corn, veggies....delicious. Thanks so much D&G!!! After dinner, Di, Christine (a friend who was over) and myself went for a walk to Ed's for ice-cream.
Saturday I worked most of the day. I got home and rested a bit until Raju got home from work. We were both too tired to cook so we walked up to the Danforth and had dinner at 7 Numbers.
Yesterday was a busy one. I woke up and got in a workout before the days activities began. Mahi came by and he and Raju went for a ride. I finished getting ready and was out the door to Caroline's son's baptism at Yonge and Lawrence. I needed to get there for 10:00a.m. Unfortunately I missed the turn off, but I still managed to get there close to the right time. I don't go to church except for weddings and funerals so it was ind of nice to go for a service with a baptism thrown in. I think it was good for my soul. I rushed out of the church and was on my way to Scarborough. I stopped at Wal Mart to pick some things up and then went to Camilla's for Jack's 1st birthday party. It was nice to get there before everyone so I was able to spend some time alone with my nephews. I think Jack was a bit confused as to what was happening, but I suppose most 1 year olds are like that. I left there in time to make it home to watch Lost with Raju. The series finale wasn't bad. Better than many of the episodes of the past 6 years.
Today I woke up and made mushroom and cheese omelette's for breakfast. With that bit of energy I fit in a workout. Raju had gone off to do his taping for his show. He was at Riverdale park so after I showered I walked up to meet him. When he was done we went up to Allen's on the Danforth with Steve (the other guy on the show) and Allson another friend. We got a seat on the patio and spent some time talking and eating. It was a great way to spend time in this lovely weather. Back at home it was time to do some work. I spent a couple of hours while Raju got things ready for dinner.
After we ate I decided to make cookies and update my blog. So that's been my past week and a bit.
Now I'm off to watch the season finale of Chuck!
Happy Victoria's Day!

No comments: