Monday, May 10, 2010

A busy weekend

This weekend seemed full of activity. I'll try to remember it all.
Friday night I came home and did stuff around the house to start preparing for hosting Mother's Day on Sunday. Mostly just cleaned.
Saturday we got up early and made a grocery store run, which also included a stop at St. Lawrence market. At home, we unloaded and packed everything away and then it was out again to watch Iron Man 2 at the AMC theaters at Yonge and Dundas. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. I felt like it was a filler movie. setting up for the next one (Thor). After the movie we headed to Milestone's for lunch. I was a bit wary since I'm not a fan of their menu lately. I had the Spicy thai spring roll up which wasn't bad and Raju had the Roast Beef dip which he enjoyed. Then it was time to hit the mall for a Mother's Day gift for Raju's Mom (I gave my Mom the gift of time...I'll be taking her out for high tea one day). Back at home I did some more cleaning and baking and cooking prep for Sunday. We had thought we would head out for Raju's friends birthday at a Salsa Club but we were too tired and Raju was not feeling well.
Sunday came around and the cooking started full force. I thought I was prepared but alas my timing was not so great and I was jumping in the shower at 12:45p.m. and we were expecting people at 1:00p.m.
Everyone showed up eventually and we got the food already. It was a feast as usual.
Tandoori Chicken (marinated by Raju's Dad and BBQ'd by Raju)
Halibut (marinated and grilled by Raju)
Braised lamb chops (made by both Raju and myself)
Mushroom risotto (made by me)
Salad (made by Camilla)
Nacho dip (made by Camilla)
Plaintain chips (from my Mom)
Corn (on the BBQ)
Dessert:
Indian sweets (from my Mom)
Peanut Butter cookies (made by Me from my Mom's recipe)
Cherry Walnut cake (made by Me from my Mom's recipe)
Yogurt with fruit and granola (made by Camilla)

Although I'm not a mother Camilla still brought me a lovely bouquet of a dozen white roses.

The kids were enjoyable as usual. A few broken items, but that's to be expected with curious children and not anything major or of importance so no harm done.
I was exhausted by the time everyone left though. Not much clean up needed to be done as Mom and Camilla had pitched in to help clean up throughout the afternoon.

It was an enjoyable day nonetheless. It has been a loooooooong time since we entertained the family (or anybody actually). I guess good practice to get ready for BBQ season.

After everyone left, it was time to do some laundry. I managed to get 2 (out of 3) loads in before going to bed and then put the last load in this morning before heading to work.
Today I felt like I was on the go all day but didn't have anything tangible to show so I stayed at work until 6:45p.m. I was going to go to Yoga but as Di wasn't feeling well and I worked so late I just came home instead. But to ensure I didn't lose my momentum I did a Wii Yoga workout. It wasn't quite the same as it was more of a workout than time for relaxing.
I'll look forward to getting back into the relaxing one next week. Although Mel and Di will not be joining me, I'll have Suzi (my sister-in-law) to keep me company.

Now it's time for me to watch Chuck and get to bed.

No comments: