Sunday, March 1, 2009

The magic of Oil of Oregano

Raju has been sick since Tuesday. We originally thought it was just a cold but as it seems to still be around and he's not feeling much better, I think it might be the flu instead. Just after he got it on Tuesday I felt that I was getting ill too, so I started Di's remedy of Oil of Oregano every morning. I've managed to stay the same (no better but no worse - just a slight sore throat).
So since I've been healthy I've been doing stuff around the house. This Saturday was the first one that I didn't have baking class. I guess I couldn't just get it out of my system, so I woke up and made cinnamon rolls and Portuguese Pancakes. The Portuguese pancakes tasted like my Mom's but really didn't look the same.
In the afternoon Raju and I headed up to Jay and Jenn's for lunch and to visit. Talia (their daughter) has some fun toys. I think she was wondering, "who is this big girl playing with my toys?". Jenn has just gone back to work and Jay is taking 3 months parental leave. He is loving it. I think it's great that parents can split it up and it gives father's a chance to bond with their kids and also see what mother's go through during the day (minus the breast feeding). Raju started to fade so we headed home, but stopped at our new friendly DVD store -the kind that only charges $3 for a movie. We bought Role Models and Zack and Miri make a porno. We watched Role Models, which was kind of amusing but haven't gotten to Zack and Miri make a Porno yet.
Today I took a very lazy morning and finished reading a book. I sat in the upstairs room by the window. I feel like I haven't been up there lately. When I finished I headed downstairs thinking it must be about 11:00a.m. To my surprise it wasn't even 10:00a.m. I decided to do some laundry and get a start on my taxes. I'm not getting back as much as I did last year, but at least I don't have to pay anything.
I did some laundry, found some comics to read from Raju's collection and my in-laws popped by for a visit. After a lo-o-o-t of procrastinating I got to my pile of ironing that has been stacking up all month. I think that from now on when I buy new things, I'm going to try and get wrinkle free items. I have ironing. It is too time consuming and not fun at all.
It actually was a very nice weekend (besides the fact that Raju is sick) in that we had no plans and could just hang out and do whatever we wanted. I hope that it's not too long before we get another weekend like this one.

No comments: