On Friday I accomplished one big thing and that was to book our trip to Punta Cana, so come Saturday morning at 6:15a.m. we are in the plane and on our way. I can hardly wait. I feel like I've been going non-stop since last year. Anyway, one would think that I would be trying to save money to pay off my trip once the bill came in, but no...that definitely was not the case this weekend.
Friday night is our eat out or order in night. I wanted something good, so we went to The Citizen for dinner. I had steak and Raju had gnocchi with a lamb ragout. They were both so delicious. We ended the meal with cheesecake which was just as good. Yummy!!!!
Saturday it was nice to not have to wake up early and I just felt lazy so I puttered around the house. At lunch we decided to wander out and ended up at Dangerous Dan's to try out their burgers. They were ok but I think I prefer mine more. Then we wandered down Queen and into the library and got library cards. I haven't had one since I was a little girl so it's all new and exciting for me. I haven't taken anything out yet, but I'm excited to use it for the first time.
Sunday was another lazy day and would have remained so if Jay and Jenn had not called us to go for a walk. I'm glad they did, because although it was cold it was nice to be out in the sun. We went to The Roy (a new bar in our neighbourhood) and had burgers there too. They were quite tasty.
Raju and I got home with just enough time for a short rest before Suzi picked us up and we headed up to Thornhill to Bombay Behl to celebrate my mother-in-laws 65th birthday. We're going to be away on her actual birthday so it was an early celebration.
This week is just busy, busy, trying to get some stuff at work so I can go away with a clear mind.
2 comments:
Have a wonderful trip Saads. You deserve it!
Didn't you just get back from Hawaii?!?! I'm jealous!! :) Have a great trip!
Post a Comment