I really don't know where the time goes. Every weekend I look forward to it so I can sleep in and relax and then before I know it, it's Sunday night again.
Let's think back to what made the weekend go by so quickly.
Friday night I met up with Caroline at Rainbow cinemas to watch "He's just not that into you". It was ok. Somewhat amusing and for the most part true! Afterwards we went to Hot House and shared an appetizer and dessert. It was great to catch up with Caroline and I think also for her to get out for a night.
Saturday it was the start of Brunch Club with Diana and Mahi. I hosted this month. My menu was:
Buttermilk waffles
Sweet potato, mushroom and basil pie (more like a quiche - without pastry)
Fruit
Bacon (well...I didn't make it but it was on the table)
Lemon loaf (made by Mahi)
and of course Morning Glories!!!
It was the first time I had made the waffles, and I was pleased with how they turned out.
After eating Di and I headed upstairs for some Tetris playing. I was sure that I was going to get my butt kicked as usual, but surprisingly I managed to hold my own and win some games of my own.
Camilla joined us after her choir practice and we headed to Queen street to buy some material for a dress she is having made. She will be conducting at a concert at Massey Hall next month and apparently formal dresses for pregnant women are very expensive. We chose a vibrant blue that I think will look very nice on her.
Today I woke up at 8:30 (which is a bit late for me) and Raju and I headed out to Mississauga to visit Fariena, Russ, Callum and Kira. They were very excited to see their Uncle Raju as they hadn't seen him in a while. We had a nice visit just hanging out. Afterwards we went to Canadian Tire to fill up our propane tank, stopped in at IKEA (where we spent $20) and then headed home. I headed to China Town to pick up fixings for dinner (Korean Beef Ribs) and Raju headed out to play pool with his friends.
So I guess that's why it's Sunday night already. It was a weekend full of fun stuff and time flies when you're having fun!! I guess it could also be the fact that we lost an hour as the clocks sprang forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment